Thursday, June 27, 2013

20mm Battle of the Alamo Diorama

In 1997 I made a Alamo diorama using 20mm plastic figures. I hand made the Long barracks and part of the Bowie barracks. The Alamo Chapel was a 1/72 scale kit that I found that was at the time out of productions, it was a really nice model. I can not seem to find very many pics of the diorama. I have since destroyed the model, because it started falling apart from age. I had wanted to encase it in glass and display it, but never got around to it. When I was trying to make a decision to rebuilt it or make it all over again, I let the hammer decide for me, and destroyed it all. I gave the figures and the Chapel to a friends kid at work, so that he could re-make the chapel for his Texas History class one day, which I did when I was a kid.



The entire diorama was about 4 feet by 2 feet.



This was my first attempt at a Alamo Diorama, it has since been destroyed by a hammer storm. 











I have since made two other Alamo dioramas one in 54mm and one in 15mm scale. The 15mm scale diorama is posted in Wargames Illustrated issue 310 in the news section.












Post a Comment